Sunday 3 October 2010

Children and Milk Cart

I wanted to make a painting from this image because of the wonderful collection of children tumbling about and trying to find space in the back of the milk cart.
Terrace houses are so hard to paint becuase there are all the rules of perspective to obey whilst also making sure everything is straight and parallel for windows and doors. A lot of time was spent on the background making sure everything measured up right before I could then do the fun bit of adding the figures in the foreground.
There's a project coming up in the Painting degree which asks for an urban or rural scene and I'm tempted to paint the local terraced houses here but depicting them in an abstract way. I've bought a lino roller, for making prints, but will use it to lay the paint down to make really precise horizontals and verticals. Look out for images on my course work blog goldfishfindingyourway.blogspot.com for more possible images!

No comments:

Post a Comment